Monday, March 15, 2010

Brazos Bend SP with Camping Friends


Since they revamped the sites at Brazos Bend State Park they are excellent. The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect. Everything was great except the operating of my vehicle. I arrived at the park with no problems. I parked and went into the Ranger Station to pay. When I came out the motorhome would not shift out of "Park". Jim & Kathi drove up behind me and Jim came over to help me get moving (out of his way). He told me to turn the key one turn and see if I could shift into "Neutral" and start it. That worked and I was able to drive to the campsite. Every time it shifted the vehicle jumped so I thought the transmission had gone out. I was able to shift it into "Reverse" to get into the campsite so I was set for the weekend. My friend Dianne showed up with her grandkids and I unlocked the door to let the dogs out to play with them. My keys totally disappeared after that. Was this the start to a jinxed weekend?
I finally found my keys on Sunday, about an hour before time to leave. Thanks to Janice for following me home and making sure I got there safely. Tom called a friend who had an auto shop and I took it in only to find out that I had two blown fuses. All is well, finally.


No comments: