Saturday, September 18, 2010

Texas Boomers 10th Anniversary Celebration

I was supposed to pick up my motorhome from RV Masters by the end of August and head out for a leisurely trip to Boerne. They found a fuel line leak and wouldn't let me leave until the new fuel line passed all tests. I had to cancel my reservation at Thousand Trails in Columbus. Finally the coach passed the safety test and I headed over to pick it up. My daughter helped me load everything and I took off late in the afternoon on Sept. 2nd. The drive to Boerne was horrible. It started raining as soon as I passed Sealy. What should have been a 4 hour drive took me 6.5 hours. I stopped at a rest area and was very grateful to have a motorhome. It was raining so hard outside so the dogs would not go out but with the MH I was able to walk back to my facilities. There were lots of 18 wheelers on the road and they all seemed to spray me with water, making it hard to see. There was lightning everywhere. At one point an 18 wheeler passed me spraying water just as the lightning flashed and there was a solid white wall in front of me. Apparently I ended up in the next lane because another 18 wheeler blew his horn at me to get out of his lane. Boy, that scared me! I was shaking, but there was no place to pull off the road. Fortunately when I turned off I-10 to Loop 1604 the rain stopped. I made it the rest of the way to the campground with no problems (thanks to Sandy Creekmore's directions) and pulled right into my campsite.

No comments: