Monday, September 14, 2009



It rained most of the weekend but my site was pretty well-protected by the trees. It did make for good sleeping weather. ;-)

I hated to leave but I needed to get back home for a foot doctor's appointment on Monday. Google Maps said the trip home should have taken 4 hours 31 mins. but it took me exactly 8 hours. I stopped in Mexia, TX at a Wal-Mart. I shopped, ate lunch, walked the dogs, and when I wanted to leave the motorhome would not start. The Lord was looking out for me though. Fortunately I had the WM phone number on the receipt and they came over to jump start the MH. They checked out the battery and since I had a WM battery they gave me a pro-rated price for a new battery. The WM also had the best gas price around so I filled up there before heading down the road. The rain followed me most of the way home but when I got close to my house in Cypress it was dry. How did I know my yard wasn't getting the benefit of all the rain I had coming home?

No comments: