Monday, August 10, 2009

Texas Boomers at Lakeside RV Resort July 30 - Aug. 2, 2009

I arrived at Lakeside RV Resort on Thursday afternoon. I hoped to visit the pool and hot tub and just relax Thursday night. I had sunshine for the drive there and until I pulled into the campsite. As I was starting to set up the rain started. It didn't quit until 2:30 pm on Friday. I opened all the shades and watched a beautiful lightning show. On Friday most of the other campers arrived to sunshine. It wouldn't rain on our campout! Friday night we ate at the on-site restaurant. The food was excellent!

Saturday morning we had a pot luck breakfast on the deck overlooking Lake Livingston. There was a beautiful view and I took lots of pictures but unfortunately my camera had not "defrosted" from the AC in the motorhome so all the pictures were foggy. I was very upset to find out that I could not get to the pool or hot tub. They have not built the sidewalks yet and the area surrounding the pool area was muddy thanks to yesterday's rain. I played LCR instead and lost money (as usual) but had fun.

No comments: